OUR WHOLE LIVES
Our Whole Lives (OWL) is a comprehensive human sexuality course for kids, youth, and adults. Each age group focuses on age-appropriate accurate information and knowledge, all through the values framework of Self-Worth, Sexual Health, Responsibility, and Justice & Inclusivity. This curriculum was developed jointly by the UCC and the Unitarian Universalist Association. Program facilitators have received training specific to Our Whole Lives and teach in teams. More information about OWL can be found here.
- Self-Worth: Every person is entitled to dignity and self-worth and to their own attitudes and beliefs about sexuality
- Sexual Health: Knowledge is power! Every individual has a right to accurate information about sexuality.
- Responsibility: We all have the right and obligation to make responsible choices that express sexuality in way that enhance human wholeness and fulfillment.
- Justice and Inclusivity: Sexual relationships should never be coercive or exploitative. There is a range of normal and healthy human sexual experience which includes gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans*, gender non-conforming, and queer identities and relationships.
OWL At Shadow Rock
Shadow Rock is a local leader in Our Whole Lives, with programs available for
- Older Elementary (5th and 6th grade), with a focus on puberty and reproduction
- Junior High (grades 7 through 9), with a focus on decision-making and safety
- Senior High (grades 10 through 12), with a focus on sexual inclusion and justice.
- Adult (ages 25 and up), with a focus on life-long sexual health knowledge
Shadow Rock United Church of Christ
12861 N. 8th Avenue | Phoenix, AZ 85029
Rev. Ken Heintzelman, Senior Minister
Church Office Hours:
Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.